2.10.2006

Go Away.

Once again, Oprah Winfery has catapulted her fat, ego-centric self into my life.

According to the Washington Post: Oprah Winfrey is extending her domain into a new realm: satellite radio. The multimedia maven yesterday signed a three-year, $55 million deal for her own channel on XM Satellite Radio

"Oprah & Friends," which will debut in September, will rely more on the friends than on Oprah herself. Winfrey said yesterday in a teleconference from Chicago that she will have a half-hour "reality" show each week for 39 weeks -- a recorded conversation with her confidante Gayle King.

I hated Oprah before this news, but now I really despise her. First, nobody cares about her stupid friend Gayle King. Secondly, now my subscription to my beloved XM radio is helping to line her golden pockets. This is a terrible day for me and my radio (that, btw, is playing Phil Collins right now)

*Sigh* Next thing you know she'll want to buy part of BAH, run for office, move to the DC area, buy my whole neighborhood, kick me out and steal all my friends away with all her money and power. Now I'm really sad.

6 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Yeah Bordeeen, sorry, if Oprah tried to buy me, I'd let her. Adios!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger lala said...

i'd tots be friends with oprah...but only so she'd buy me stuff, which i would immediately share with you all. (and, obvi, so she could introduce me to all her famous friends...but NOT gayle.)

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meh, I just don't like how oprah makes her living off of other people's miserable lives. The greater the misery, the more money she makes.

Hopefully she burrows herself (and her friends) into some station no one listens to, and it dies out quickly. Some radio concepts don't work, I hope this one doesn't.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger I-66 said...

How did I miss this? I love my XM radio and will not let Oprah invade it under any circumstances.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Sara said...

You all are just Oprah haters--she has a HUGE fan following and guarans her station won't fail--it'll probably be a catalyst for more subscriptions like Howard Stern was for Sirius. She has gotten a bit more annoying as the years have gone on--but I think she reaches a lot of people.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

I don't hate Oprah. I just don't give a crap about her. There's a fine line between those two things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home