1.11.2006

Right Now...

I am now sick of 20 on 20 on my XM radio; therefore, I have changed the dial to The 90's on 9. I must say this channel has brought back some really good memories from Song of the Month at Great Falls Elementary to the Old Firehouse Teen Center. Here is a sample playlist that keeps me coming back for more:

Calloway- I Wanna Be Rich
Salt N Pepa- Let's Talk About Sex
Color Me Badd- All 4 Love and I Wanna Sex You Up
Shaggy- Mr. Boombastic *currently playing
Van Halen- Right Now

When Right Now came on, I immediately IM'ed Rommie at which point we (almost) simultaneously wrote: Crystal Pepsi

That’s right kids, give me a name, phone number or birthday and I’ve forgotten it in 5 seconds. But play a catchy tune and it will immediately bring forth the memories of a not-so uberly refreshing beverage that has been shelved for some 13 years.

Anyone wanna go grab some KFC popcorn chicken? It’s 2 Legit 2 Quit.

9 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Sara said...

That seriously blasts me back to GFES in Mrs. Gesicki/Roach's class with my recorder and glockenspiel (that's right, it wasn't a xylophone, it was s glockenspiel) singing With a Little Help from My Friends (a classic Lennon/McCartney tune) that was banned by the parents of the Grizzy b/c it was touting drug use.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger lala said...

every time i hear or see color me badd i think of the 90210 episode where donna catches her skanky whore of a mother having an affair (oh oh oh, and now donna in real life is pretty much doing the same...i wonder how much other forewshadowing 90210 had on the lives of its stars). while donna and her friends are in palm springs having a spa weekend. because kids in high school do that.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I almost just spewed all over my desk when I read Crystal Pepsi. It makes me thing of that SNL skit/fake commercial where they are drinking that "crytal clear" goo of some sort to that same song.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, I apologize for that last comment (Jenni). Clearly i don't proofread.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES, Crystal Clear Gravy. Sick!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger LKBeglis said...

One that brings me back is Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch's, "Good Vibrations."

Hey Sara, do you still have Marky Mark's boxers from the concert you went to, where he threw them off stage and you caught them. Then you pretended to be 18 (you were really 13), and gave some 27 year old pedophile your number, and then he called to ask you out. REMEMBER THAT?

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger LKBeglis said...

Sara also went to the JODECI concert during this era and thought they were amazing.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Hey cram it LK--you're just J that I saw Marky Mark not once but twice and got his signed boxers. Everyone laughed back then, but now that he's a hot actor, everyone's trying not to be J.

And for the record, I pretended to be 16 and he was 26. He was in the air force, what do you want from me? We were at a Foreigner concert and they were playing "I wanna know what love is." You would've done the same thing. :-)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Oh and PS: I didn't just give him my digits, we made out. But trying to explain why some old dude was calling at mi casa was another story...I'm sure I got a tongue lashing from the 'rents in Farsi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home