12.28.2005

Rob da jewelry store and tell 'em to make me a grill

I received an XM Satellite Radio in celebration of Jesus's birth. I am now fascinated with the wide world of music that I have been missing relying on myself to update my Ipod. (note: if I cannot keep up with a blog, my Ipod had no chance)

One of my favorite stations is 20 on 20. For those XM virgins out there, this station allows listeners to vote on 5 of their favorite songs and they play them in order of popularity. Now, this does cause quite a bit of repetition but for We Belong Together, My Humps and Run It, I am willing to sacrifice.

However, one particular song caught my attention today. Grillz by Nelly featuring Paul Wall. Basically, Nelly is telling you that you ain't bling-blingin' unless you've got a mouth full of jewelry. Here are some select lyrics:

Got 30 down at the bottom, 30 mo at the top
All invisible set in little ice cube blocks
If I could call it a drink, call it a smile on da rocks
If I could call out a price, lets say I call out a lot

I got my mouth lookin somethin like a disco ball
I got da diamonds and da ice all hand set
I might cause a cold front if i take a deep breath
My teeth gleaming like im chewin on aluminum foil
Smilein showin off my diamonds sippin on some potin oil
I put my money where my mouth is and bought a grill

Open up my mouth and you see mo carrots than a salad
My teeth are mind blowin givin everybody chillz
Call me George Foreman cuz I'm sellin everybody grillz

WTF?

I would probably vomit on someone who has their "mouth gleamin like they're chewing on aluminum foil" Maybe I am just behind the times, or maybe I am just a white girl from the 'burbs, but I don't get it. But if this is the new trend, somebody better tell the producers of The Swan that veneers are out and grillz are in:


Now doesn't she look better? Biatch.

3 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger lala said...

jesus, cb, now i feel like i need to get xm. great, thanks.

um, nelly. nelly, nelly, nelly. the lyrics make me want to vom, but you KNOW if i actually hear that song i will love it and it will replace "check on it" as the most played song on my ipod.

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, people are we really vom'in over some blingn grillz...? you know you want to make out with someone just once to see what its like. And for nothing else you would try to pry the diamonds off and put them to use on your new "bean" ring, right paris?

some added history for you; before he was the rapper wall sr. paul used to own a jewlery store (i believe his hood was in New Mexico or Texas). Any hoot, he started making these grillz because it was the new trend with the latino population in his hood. Apparently, they caughty on and when he started wrapping other rappers saw his grillz and wanted one...now nelly, shaq, larry hughs, and maybe even lala has one.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger lala said...

lala as in me? if so, you're right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home