12.23.2008

I see Mumbai I see France...

This weekend was very worldly for Bordenia. On Friday night after an unsuccessful hunt for a holiday sweater for Rommie, we braved the parking lots and the crowed to see Slumdog Millionaire. I can easily say it was one of the best movies I have seen in such a long time. The story is both emotional and heart warming and the acting is amazing. At the end of the movie I was ready pull a Brangelina and adopt a little Indian baby just like Jamal.

On Sunday, in lieu of presents the besties and I (Laura, Sara and La) headed out to Mon Ami Gabi for some quality time together (sans babies and boys!) As always, I brought my new camera to document the whole meal.

We started out sampling all the red and white wines with their rolling wine cart. What an ingenious idea! My favorite was the Pinot Noir- yum yum! For appetizers I started with the Butternut Squash Soup, while La and Sara had the Salade Masion (aka House Salad for all you non Frenchies).
Mon Ami Gabi is famous for their Steak Frites.Laura had the Artic Char special while Sara, La and I dined on the steak frites with a variety of dipping sauces.
Finally we finished the night with the chocolate souffle and the banana foster crepe.
Other than some issues getting our side dish of macaroni and cheese, it was overall a very delicious dinner. I can't wait for Misleh kid PJ brunch on New Years Day! Délicieux!

2 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Besties dinner = #1. We need to do it more. Nice usage of your camera and French--you might need to give Mrs. Broad a run for her money!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger LKBeglis said...

That's what she said...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home