1.25.2006

Vom.

While searching through Craiglist, I found an ad for the following "item" for sale:

Title: Excess Breast Milk

Good Morning;

My daughter was born on January 7, 2006. She was in the NICU for 10 days during which I pumped and brought the milk to the hospital, I guess this confused my breasts because at this point I am making 48-64 ounces of milk a day, and this is after I breastfeed my daughter. (who is now home with me) Anyways, if anyone is interested in having this extra breast milk, (I have a freezer full and will continue to pump.) Please send me an email. I have my paperwork from the hospital stating my disease status (all negative) but I am willing to go to a lab at your expense for your peace of mind. Email me and we can talk. Denisse

OK, I am going to go ahead and say this is the grossest thing I have ever read. Now I don't want a million comments about wet-nurses, blah, blah, because we don't live in the 1800's.

It's not only gross to offer your breast milk for sale, but it's even grosser to buy it from a stranger. If you can't breast feed, then use formula. I also know that formula is expensive, but I would be more than happy to pay my mom back every penny of my formula's cost to thank her for not using a strangers milk.

I bet both KFed and CarrotTop drank strangers breast milk.

2 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger lala said...

um, she's not selling it. she's giving it away. it's charity. is breast milk tax deductible?

ewww. gross.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger I-66 said...

Oh god.

I love breasts as much as the next man, but the milk inside? No thanks.

Seriously, pour it down the drain or something and go on with the child raising. [shudder]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home